Patagonia Anacapa Backpack 20L
Simple and clean, the Anacapa Pack is compact and efficient in managing a day’s worth of goods.
- Strong, lightweight body and base are made with 100% recycled polyester with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Basic main compartment; inside drop pocket for tablet or 15" laptop
- Small pocket for sunglasses or electronics
- Water-bottle pockets
- Padded shoulder straps and back panel; adjustable sternum strap
- Top-mounted, reinforced haul handle
- Body: 7.5-oz 450-denier 100% recycled polyester plain weave. Base: 7.85?oz 450-denier 100% recycled polyester ripstop. Lining: 3.3-oz 200-denier 100% polyester. Mesh pockets: 8.3-oz 100% polyester. All treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 453 g (1 lb)
- Made in Vietnam.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.