Patagonia Boys' Light & Variable™ Hoody
For comfort at the beach or on the trails, our Boys’ Light & Variable™ Hoody is made of 100% recycled polyester with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection. Fabric is bluesign® approved.
- Wind- and water-resistant recycled polyester is durable and offers 50+ UPF sun protection. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- Full-zip hoody silhouette
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets with self-fabric pulls
- Mesh taped inner neck and hood edge
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets
- Print and color-blocked option
- Hand-me-down ID label
- 2.3-oz 100% recycled polyester with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 147 g (5.2 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.