Patagonia Boys' Wavefarer® Shorts
Live-in-them boys’ board shorts in a wind- and water-resistant Supplex® nylon; 10" inseam.
- Wind- and water-resistant Supplex® nylon dries quickly
- Single-button fly lies flat; 3-piece, self-lined waistband contours to hip
- Zippered side-seam pocket with key loop; pocket mesh liner drains
- Forward inseam at crotch for chafe-free comfort
- Lower rise; 10" inseam
- 3.9-oz 100% Supplex® nylon (38% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish;
- 127 g (4.5 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.