Patagonia Girls' Trim Brim Hat
A full-brimmed hat that provides 50+ UPF sun protection, the Girls’ Trim Brim has a nonchafing, removable chin strap and is made from 100% Supplex® nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Wind- and water-resistant Supplex® nylon dries quickly and offers 50+ UPF sun protection
- Crown can be cinched to adjust the fit
- Removable, breakaway, nonchafing flat drawcord with soft-lock adjustment cinches under chin for a secure fit
- Brim protects head, face and neck; ventilation holes for comfort; reinforced front brim retains shape when wet
- Hat packs small; easy care
- 3-ply, 4-oz 100% Supplex® nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection. Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
- 93 g (3.3 oz)
- Made in China.
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.