Patagonia Kids' Baggies™ Jacket
Breezy light rain is no match in this kids’ hooded windbreaker made of a wind- and water-resistant Supplex® nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
- Wind- and water-resistant Supplex® nylon dries quickly and offers 50+ UPF sun protection
- Elasticized hood and cuffs for a stay-put fit
- Zipper garage for chin protection
- Raglan sleeves
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets; 1 doubles as a stow pocket
- Fun prints
- Hand-me-down ID label
- 3-ply, 4-oz 100% Supplex® nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection. Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
- 246 g (8.7 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.