Patagonia Men's Jackson Glacier Parka
A warm, sophisticated thigh-length parka that’s windproof, weather-resistant and insulated with 600-fill-power Recycled Down.
- Durable, soft-to-the-touch 2-layer 100% polyester shell with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and insulated with 600-fill-power Recycled Down
- Bonded down channels hold the down in place to offer impressive warmth
- Insulated hood with hidden adjustment cords that cinch down for protective warmth
- On-seam handwarmer pockets are lined with ultrasoft brushed jersey for warmth; media-compatible internal zippered pocket
- Trimmer, more streamlined fit allows the down to conform closely to the body and trap heat more efficiently; thigh length
- 1,142 g (40.3 oz)
Shell: 2-layer, 3.45-oz 50-denier 100% polyester with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Lining: 2.2-oz 50-denier 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a DWR finish.
Insulation: 600-fill-power Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from down products).
Shell fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
100% Recycled Down
There’s a huge upside when you can turn waste into something beautiful; we’re doing that with Recycled Down. It’s a mix of 600-fill-power goose and duck down reclaimed from cushions, bedding and other used items that can’t be resold. The reclaimed down is washed, using detergent and thermal water at 34 degrees Celsius, then dried at 135 degrees Celsius (20 minutes longer than the industry standard), making it hypoallergenic. Recycled Down offers the identical performance benefits to virgin down.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.