Patagonia Men's KnifeRidge Pants
Equally suited for high-stepping up and hop-turning down, our KnifeRidge Pants are built from stretchy Polartec® Power Shield® Pro, a fabric with remarkable breathability given its waterproof protection.
- Lightweight and stretchy 3-layer Polartec® Power Shield® Pro fabric delivers a unique balance of soft-shell breathability and hard-shell protection
- Articulated pattern with fully taped low-bulk, watertight seams
- Pants have belt loops, jacket attachment loop at rear and removable 4-point suspender strap; separating waist with snap closure and 2-way zip fly
- Drop-seat configuration features snap-tab closures and 2-way watertight zippers that double as thigh vents
- Right-thigh pocket with watertight zipper and glued-in stretch-mesh pocket bag
- Single-cuff design works equally well with alpine and ski boots; shockcord adjustment at cuff, sewn tie-down loops, and calf-length welted zipper with expandable gusset and 2-position snap-tab
- Slim lower leg with durable scuff guard and concealed RECCO® reflector
- Shell: 3-layer, 5.6-oz Polartec® Power Shield® Pro 90% polyester/10% spandex plain weave with a waterproof/breathable barrier, jersey-knit backer and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 538 g (19 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Designed to strike the optimal balance between weather protection and breathability, Polartec Power Shield Pro fabrics feature a smooth, tightly woven face for great abrasion resistance, and a polyester back for a high warmth-to-weight ratio. The membrane in the middle enables the fabric to block 99% of the wind. The remaining 1% circulates within the fabric which greatly enhances moisture vapor transmission, improving breathability and reducing the risk of heat stress buildup. Polartec Power Shield fabrics have the best breathability in the soft shell market. In fact, Polartec Power Shield Pro fabrics are 30-50% more breathable than windproof soft shells in dynamic or active conditions.