Patagonia Men's Light & Variable™ Jacket
A perfectly pared-down, recycled polyester jacket that stuffs into a small pouch—the ideal jacket for travel and everyday use; it’s lightweight, wind-resistant, has 50+ UPF sun protection and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Versatile, wind- and weather-resistant recycled polyester fabric, with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Full-length center-front zipper has flat-felled seam detail and a climbing-rope-inspired zipper pull; stand-up collar with chin flap to prevent chafing
- Self-fabric lined handwarmer pockets with flat-felled side seams and climbing-rope-inspired zipper pulls; left pocket converts into a stuffsack and has a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
- Comfortable elasticized cuffs keep out drafts; reinforced circular vent holes under arms for breathability
- Adjustable hem drawcord for maximum weather protection
- Hip length
- Body: 2.7-oz 100% recycled polyester with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 209 g (7.4 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.