Patagonia Men's Printed Stretch Planing Board Shorts - 20"
A trim, stretchy version of our tried-and-true Wavefarer® Board Shorts in a lightweight, quick-drying 100% recycled polyester with 2-way mechanical stretch, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
- Grown-on waistband; flat-lying fly with a rubber button and ladderlock drawstring closure; durable bartacked drawstring
- Self-draining pocket on right thigh has a noncorroding, recyclable plastic zipper with internal key loop and zipper pull for ease of use
- Inseam-free design helps eliminate chafing
- Available in Mid length - 18" and Regular length - 20"
- Available in mid length 18" and regular length 20"
- 113 g (4 oz)
2.8-oz 100% recycled polyester with 2-way mechanical stretch, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protectionView The Footprint Chronicles
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.