Patagonia Men's R1® Short John
Offering additional warmth and sun protection while maintaining full freedom of movement through the shoulders and arms, the R1® Short John is made from 1.5mm neoprene with a high-stretch 100% recycled polyester lining. Suggested water temperatures: 60-65° F/16-18° C.
- Made with high-quality neoprene that meets our standard for strength, durability and warmth
- High-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey lining improves flexibility and dry time; exterior face fabric is durable, stretchy and water-resistant made with 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex
- Spandex bindings at neck and armholes are cleanly finished
- Seams are sewn with flatlock construction for comfort and durability
- Fit conforms to body for maximum flexibility and comfort
- Key Loop
- Body: 1.5mm neoprene. Lining: high-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey. Exterior face fabric: 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex
- 544 g (19.2 oz)
- Made in Thailand.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.