Patagonia Men's R1® Wetsuit Vest
Offering supplemental warmth, comfort and sun protection, the formfitting R1® Vest is made from high-quality 1.5mm neoprene with a high-stretch 100% recycled polyester lining for increased flexibility and fast dry time. Suggested water temperatures: 60-65° F/16-18° C.
- Made with high-quality neoprene that meets our rigorous standards for strength, durability and warmth
- High-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey lining improves flexibility and dry time; exterior face fabric made with 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex is durable, stretchy and water-resistant
- Elastic waist cinch with cord lock and hidden board short fastener provides a secure fit and helps keep the vest in place
- Spandex binding at neck and armholes are cleanly finished
- Seams are sewn with flatlock construction for comfort and durability
- Fit conforms to body for maximum flexibility and comfort
- 283 g (10 oz)
Body: 1.5mm neoprene.
Interior lining: high-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey.
Exterior face fabric: 88% recycled polyester/12% spandexView The Footprint Chronicles
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.