Patagonia Men's Rio Azul Waders - Regular
Our most lightweight and packable waterproof/breathable waders for hot weather, or the traveling angler, have been updated with our innovative SSC (single-seam construction) seaming that eliminates seams from the highest wear points on the inside of the legs; a new suspender that doubles as belt for wearing waders waist high; new interior daisy chain for tools; more streamlined, anatomically fit booties and gravel guards with a flat-panel construction that reduces wear. H2No® Performance Standard waterproof/breathable wader.
- H2No® Performance Standard polyester solid twill microfiber shell with a waterproof/breathable barrier and C6 DWR (durable water repellent) finish; with fully taped seams
- Innovative SSC (single-seam construction) seaming completely eliminates seams from highest wear points on inside of legs
- Full elastic belt; male/female buckles on adjustable suspenders allow waders to be more cleanly worn as pants
- Laser-cut Hypalon® utility keeper allows easy access to tools, nippers, etc.; internal daisy chains for tools; internal center-back hanger loop for easy drying
- Articulated legs
- Anatomically fit left and right booties have a lower volume, more sock-like fit; resilient 4mm neoprene resists compaction for greater durability
- Flat-panel construction streamlines gravel guards for less abrasion and wear
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 4-layer, 6.1-oz 100% polyester solid twill microfiber with a waterproof/breathable barrier and C6 DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 878 g (31 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Patagonia developed the 4-layer fabric construction for our waders to increase breathability and abrasion resistance, move moisture away from the body, and decrease the weight.
Our exterior fabrics are densely woven 100% polyester microfibers for durability and puncture resistance. On one side we apply our H2No® waterproof coating for waterproof/breathable performance. On the other side we apply a Hydrophilic laminate that pulls moisture away from the body so it can be passed out through the exterior shell.
To protect the hydrophilic laminate we use a soft polyester tricot lining that increases abrasion resistance yet maintains a soft, supple drape. Finally, we apply a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment as the first line of defense in keeping these waders waterproof.