Patagonia Men's Rio Gallegos Waders – Short
Our highest-performing, most durable, feature-rich waders utilize our H2No® Performance Standard midweight fabric at the chest and heaviest-weight fabric throughout the body; wool-lined booties have abrasion-resistant soles.
- H2No® Performance Standard polyester microfiber shell, with a proprietary waterproof/breathable barrier and NanoSphere® DWR (durable water repellent) finish; highly durable and puncture-resistant fabric has no multiple layers or added weight; exterior reinforcements on inseams resist abrasion
- Waist-mounted EZ-Lock suspenders allow easy conversion from chest to waist height for quick relief without having to remove jacket; TPU slide-and-lock design on front and back of suspenders offers security when wading deep; full elastic back provides all-day comfort
- Innovative SSC (single seam construction) seaming completely eliminates seams from highest wear points on inside of legs
- Interior welded TPU-waterproof zippered pocket keeps valuables dry and secure; chest handwarmer pockets with water-resistant zippers allow quick access to tippet spools, nippers and floatant
- Anatomically curved knees; removable neoprene knee pads
- Anatomically designed left and right booties with abrasion-resistant soles; 3mm neoprene booties are lined with patent-pending merino wool grid, providing the same warmth and better breathability than 5mm neoprene
- Laser-cut Hypalon® utility keeper allows easy access to tools, nippers, etc.; field repair kit included
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 4-layer, 9.1-oz 100% polyester microfiber with a proprietary waterproof/breathable barrier and NanoSphere® DWR (durable water repellent) finish; highly durable and puncture-resistant fabric has no extra layers or added weight; exterior reinforcements on inseams resist abrasion. Booties: 3mm neoprene with abrasion-resistant fabric soles and wool grid lining
- 1219 g (43 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
Patagonia developed the 4-layer fabric construction for our waders to increase breathability and abrasion resistance, move moisture away from the body, and decrease the weight.
Our exterior fabrics are densely woven 100% polyester microfibers for durability and puncture resistance. On one side we apply our H2No® waterproof coating for waterproof/breathable performance. On the other side we apply a Hydrophilic laminate that pulls moisture away from the body so it can be passed out through the exterior shell.
To protect the hydrophilic laminate we use a soft polyester tricot lining that increases abrasion resistance yet maintains a soft, supple drape. Finally, we apply a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment as the first line of defense in keeping these waders waterproof.