Patagonia Men's Super Alpine Jacket
For constant and extended exposure to the worst possible conditions, our Super Alpine Jacket provides trusted protection in a light, nimble package rich with features critical to the habitual mountain explorer.
- Built with two lightweight, fine-deniered GORE-TEX® Pro fabrics for uncompromised, durable waterproofness and a wide range of breathability
- Technical fit has a slim torso and longer hem length that reduces bulk and stays put under a harness
- Optimal Visibility Hood with laminated visor provides exceptional coverage and visibility, and allows total range of unrestricted motion
- Touch Point System® with embedded cord locks in hood and hem for quick-and-easy adjustment
- Gusseted underarm panels reduce lift when reaching overhead and have minimal pit zips for venting
- Two high single-pleat pockets with watertight, coated slim zips increase capacity without added seams; interior zip pocket
- Pleated Gasket Dry Cuffs with tapered tab design provide a secure low-profile wrist seal
- 430 g (15.2 oz)
Shell: 3-layer, 3.2-oz 40-denier 100% nylon GORE-TEX® Pro fabric.
Reinforcements: 3-layer, 3.7-oz 40-denier 100% nylon ripstop GORE-TEX® Pro fabric.
Shell and reinforcements have a DWR (durable water repellent) finishView The Footprint Chronicles
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
GORE-TEX Pro products have a 3-layer construction that comprises a special high performance GORE-TEX membrane, bonded to a tough outer material and a specially developed robust inner lining. The benefit: no movement between the three layers for exceptional durability and the option of combining the layers with insulation.
The GORE-TEX® membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body's perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.