Patagonia R3® Cap
Holding snug to the head, the R3® Cap provides additional warmth without having to step up to a hooded suit. Suggested water temperatures: 48-55° F/9-13° C.
- Durable 3mm neoprene lined with hydrophobic, low-pile 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex microgrid that dries fast
- 3-panel construction conforms to head for a comfortable fit
- PU-laminated brim shields face from sun
- Supratex neck strap with spandex binding keeps cap secure
- Seams have spot tape reinforcements for strength and durability
- 90 g (3.2 oz)
3mm neoprene lined with hydrophobic, low-pile 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex microgridView The Footprint Chronicles
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.