Patagonia Women's Alpine Powered Cotton Tank
100% organic cotton, regular-fit racerback tank top that’s Fair Trade Certified™ for sewing. We screen-print the graphic with inks that are PVC- and phthalate-free.
- Racerback cut, perfect for on the go or just lounging around
- Ultrafine 40-singles ringspun organic cotton
- Screen-print inks are PVC- and phthalate-free
- Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ sewing facility in California using imported yarns
- Artist: Brainstorm
- 4-oz 100% organic cotton. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- 85 g (3 oz)
- Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ sewing facility in California, using yarns that were imported.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management. Fair Trade is one of the first tools we’re using at Patagonia to raise workers’ wages, improve their standard of living and move them closer to earning a living wage.
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.