Patagonia Women's Capilene® Thermal Weight Bottoms
The warmest, most breathable polyester baselayer with minimal bulk. Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control.
- Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric (with Polygiene® permanent odor control) has a smooth face for easy layering
- Fabric’s open-grid pattern next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance
- Spandex for stretch and ease of movement
- Flat waistband has brushed inner elastic for next-to-skin softness
- Gusseted crotch for comfort and unimpeded mobility
- Flatlock seams to minimize chafing
- 3.8-oz (129-g) Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric. Solids: 92% recycled polyester/8% spandex; heathers: 92% polyester (30% recycled)/8% spandex; both with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 138 g (4.9 oz)
- Made in El Salvador.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.