Patagonia Women's Chacabuco Backpack 28L
Great organization for daily use, but the right size and features for day hikes too, with a modified harness and back panel designed specifically to fit a woman.
- Main compartment features a padded and lined tablet sleeve and plenty of space for everything else
- Padded computer pocket protects most 15" laptops and features separate access from the main compartment
- Stash pocket for sunglasses or small electronics
- Two large water-bottle pockets stretch to fit your favorite vessel
- Ultrasoft and highly breathable mesh at back panel and shoulder harness
- Adjustable cording holds yoga mats or extra layers
- 612 g (1 lb 5.6 oz)
Body: 7.4-oz 630-denier 100% nylon (50% recycled/50% high-tenacity) plain weave with a polyurethane coating and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Lining: 3.3-oz 200-denier 100% recycled polyesterView The Footprint Chronicles
28 L (1709 cu in)
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.