Patagonia Women's Farrier's Shirt
A durable, versatile and remarkably comfortable work shirt, our Farrier’s Shirt is made from a sturdy, 9-oz 55% industrial hemp/45% recycled polyester blend with a soft, sueded finish. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
- Made from a soft and durable 9-oz 55% industrial hemp/45% recycled polyester blend with a smooth, sueded finish. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- Generous collar can be flipped up for additional protection from sun and wind
- Buttoned placket with four-hole metal buttons
- Box pleat at the back for ease of movement; deep placket on sleeves with adjustable button cuffs allows sleeves to be easily rolled up
- Two pleated chest pockets for expandable storage; both have pencil sleeves
- Long enough to be worn tucked or untucked; straight hem
- Webbing hang loop
- 490 g (17.3 oz)
9-oz 55% industrial hemp/45% recycled polyester with a sueded finish.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewingView The Footprint Chronicles
Hemp is an alternative natural fiber that’s cultivated with low impact on the environment. It requires no irrigation, uses no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers, and is harvested and processed by hand. It’s one of the most durable natural fibers on the planet, and results in a fabric with a wonderful drape, comparable to linen.
Unfortunately, industrial hemp is illegal to grow in most parts of the world because government agencies continue to associate it with marijuana. We currently import our high-quality hemp from China, and continue to hope that it might someday grow freely again.
Patagonia makes garments with hemp alone or blended with other fibers like recycled polyester, organic cotton and spandex.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.