Patagonia Women's Hooded Fiona Parka
The feminine and stylish Hooded Fiona Parka features a featherweight shell made from 100% polyester (44% recycled) iridescent ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish; it's insulated with 600-fill-power 100% Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from down products).
- Insulated with Recycled Down, this parka has shape-sculpting princess seams in the front and back to provide a flattering silhouette no matter how many layers are worn
- Full-length, 2-way PU-coated zipper; zip-through collar is lined with brushed jersey knit for additional softness
- Zippered, on-seam handwarmer pockets; brushed jersey lines the handwarmer pockets and cuffs
- Two interior chest pockets: one drop-in and one zippered
- Above-the-knee length
- Part of our new outerwear component system, pair this jacket with our H2No® Performance Standard Lash Point Parka for complete coverage in the elements
- Hooded Fiona has three hidden attachment points: one at the back neck and two on the cuffs
- 510 g (18 oz)
Shell: 1.2-oz 15-denier 100% polyester (44% recycled) cationic-dyed iridescent ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Insulation: 600-fill-power 100% Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from down products).
Shell fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
100% Recycled Down
There’s a huge upside when you can turn waste into something beautiful; we’re doing that with Recycled Down. It’s a mix of 600-fill-power goose and duck down reclaimed from cushions, bedding and other used items that can’t be resold. The reclaimed down is washed, using detergent and thermal water at 34 degrees Celsius, then dried at 135 degrees Celsius (20 minutes longer than the industry standard), making it hypoallergenic. Recycled Down offers the identical performance benefits to virgin down.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.