Patagonia Women's Iron Forge Hemp™ Canvas Barn Coat
Made from our innovative 12.9-oz Iron Forge Hemp™ canvas that’s 25% more abrasion resistant than conventional cotton duck canvas and needs no break-in, this durable insulated work coat is built for tough tasks in cold conditions. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
- Made of tough, comfortable and highly abrasion-resistant 12.9-oz 55% industrial hemp/27% recycled polyester/18% organic cotton canvas, insulated with 100-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (92% recycled). Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- 100% organic cotton corduroy collar
- Sturdy YKK® #8 center-front zipper with oversized metal pull for easy operation with work gloves or cold hands; full-length placket has snaps and protects the zipper; two cinch straps with buckles in back for customized fit
- Snap-closure patch pocket on right chest; drop-in patch pocket on left chest; two large lower- front handwarmer pockets with brushed-fleece lining
- Adjustable snap closure at cuffs
- Webbing hang loop
- 1151 g (40.6 oz)
Body: 12.9-oz 55% industrial hemp/27% recycled polyester/18% organic cotton.
Lining: 100% recycled polyester.
Insulation: 100-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (92% recycled).
Collar: 100% organic cotton corduroy.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewingView The Footprint Chronicles
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.