Patagonia Women's Iron Ridge Shirt Jacket
A highly versatile shirt jacket with denim styling made from organic cotton twill fabric.
- Durable 100% organic cotton plain weave
- Center-front button closure
- Classic denim-jacket style with adjustable tabs at the waist on the sides
- Two chest pockets with button-down flaps
- Side-entry handwarmer pockets
- Waist length
- 7-oz 100% organic cotton yarn-dyed, garment-washed twill
- 371 g (13.1 oz)
- Made in China.
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.