Patagonia Women's Micro Swell Rashguard
For maximum protection and comfort in the water, the Micro Swell Rashguard has 50+ UPF sun protection, long sleeves, high crewneck, longer length and strategically placed seams to prevent chafing. Made of an 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex blend.
- Soft and durable 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex blend offers 50+ UPF sun protection
- High, modest crewneck and long sleeves offer excellent sun protection and prevent chafing from wax and sand while paddling
- Raglan sleeves with gussets keep seams away from sensitive areas and allow a full range of arm movement
- Princess seams in front and back for a close-to-body fit that’s not too tight
- Hip length for maximum coverage
- 5.4-oz 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex with 50+ UPF sun protection
- 161 g (5.7 oz)
- Made in Colombia.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.