Patagonia Women's One-Piece Kupala Swimsuit
Swim, dive, surf or paddle, the One-Piece Kupala Swimsuit keeps you covered and comfortable with a beautiful nylon/spandex print on one side; reverses to an 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex solid color blend with 50+ UPF sun protection.
- The One-Piece Kupala Swimsuit features a beautiful nylon/spandex print on one side and reverses to a soft recycled nylon/spandex blend on the other with 50+ UPF sun protection
- A flattering V-neck line features elegant ruching at the bust and an adjustable cross-back strap that stays in place
- Hidden underbust elastic band adds support and comfort
- Open scoop back has a center-back ruching detail
- 6-oz 82% nylon/18% spandex. Front lining: 4-oz 88% nylon/12% spandex jersey. Lining: 5.4-oz 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex with 50+ UPF sun protection
- 162 g (5.7 oz)
- Made in Colombia.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.