Patagonia Women's Refugitive Jacket
A shelter for the high-country escape artist, our Refugitive Jacket uses lightweight and stretchy, durably waterproof/breathable and windproof 3-layer GORE-TEX® fabric with GORE® C-KNIT™ backer technology in a fully featured, packable hard shell.
- A hybrid design for the optimal balance of stretch and lightweight; durably waterproof and windproof 3-layer GORE-TEX® fabrics with GORE® C-KNIT™ backer technology are softer, lighter and more breathable than regular 3-layer GORE-TEX® fabrics
- Specially engineered Optimal Visibility Hood adjusts with single-pull Cohaesive® embedded cord-lock system to fit equally well over all helmet types or a bare head
- Two high handwarmer pockets with watertight zippers stay clear of a harness or pack waistbelt; welted exterior left-chest pocket, interior left-chest pocket and interior stretch catch-all pocket
- Watertight 2-way pit zips for venting
- Elasticized strap at low back connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants and select Alpine pants to prevent jacket from riding up
- Cohaesive embedded cord-lock system has two contact points at the hem for intuitive one-handed operation either inside pocket or at hem
- Concealed RECCO® reflector
- Body: 3-layer, 3.1-oz 30-denier 100% nylon ripstop GORE-TEX® shell. Lower arms and upper back: 3-layer, 4-oz 40-denier 100% nylon stretch plain-weave GORE-TEX® shell. All with GORE® C-KNIT™ backer technology and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 374 g (13.2 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
The construction of 3-Layer GORE-TEX® Products is unique. A 3-layer GORE-TEX® membrane is sandwiched between a soft outer material and a knit polyester backing material that increases durability. These garments keep you comfortable and protected from the elements without adding extra bulk or weight.
The GORE-TEX® membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body's perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.