Patagonia Women's Settler's Dress
This dress takes its inspiration from the work-wear of American pioneers and is made of 100% organic cotton woven fabric.
- Lightweight, soft 100% organic cotton woven fabric comes in chambrays and yarn dyes
- Peasant-style feminine yoke detail in the front and back with delicate gathers
- Henley-style dress features a mandarin collar and center-front placket with four metal snap closures
- Removable tie at the waist is made of self fabric and is secured in the back with a zig zag waist detail
- Slight notch at the side seams on the hem
- Hits above the knees
- 4.6-oz 100% organic cotton slub textured yarn dye
- 311 g (11 oz)
- Made in China.
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.