Patagonia Women's Simul Alpine Pants
Made with a stretchy, durable and weather-resistant soft-shell fabric, the technical Simul Alpine Pants let you move quickly and confidently over rock and snow.
- Durable, stretchy and breathable polyester soft-shell fabric with even stretchier lightweight insets at yoke and gusset; all with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Articulated pattern and gusseted crotch enhance movement and comfort under a harness
- Separating zip fly with belt loops and unique OppoSet™ adjustable waist offers a customized fit
- Zippered and welted hand pockets and right-rear pocket; zippered right-thigh pocket with billow sits above the knee and below harness leg loops
- Narrow lower leg, adjustable single cuff and tie-down loops for compatibility with alpine boots
- 343 g (12.1 oz)
Shell: 5.2-oz 100% polyester stretch double weave.
Yoke and gusset: 5.4-oz 88% nylon/12% spandex stretch double weave.
All with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.