Patagonia Women's Waffle Pullover
Simple and elegant waffle pullover with a wide scoop neck and a slight drop tail. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
- Soft and stretchy 56% organic cotton/41% Tencel® lyocell/3% spandex waffle knit
- Elegant, wide neck opening with a delicate rib trim
- Three-quarter-length set-in sleeves with rib at the cuff
- Straight hem with a slight drop tail
- Waist length
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- Body: 7.2-oz 56% organic cotton/41% Tencel® lyocell/3% spandex stretch waffle knit. Rib: 8.8-oz 1x1 rib 57% organic cotton/41% Tencel lyocell/2% spandex. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- 223 g (7.9 oz)
- Made in Sri Lanka.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management. Fair Trade is one of the first tools we’re using at Patagonia to raise workers’ wages, improve their standard of living and move them closer to earning a living wage.
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.