Fly Fishing Ambassador
Miami Beach, FL
Since preparing his first ever resume to become Patagonia's original fly fishing consultant, Paul has worked to introduce and expand the all-weather clothing comfort concept for anglers. Through guiding and embracing torturous weather, his last 40 plus years have included thousands of hours outdoors and on the water, in temperatures ranging from -12 to 120F. He loves seeing a product with normal guy ("XXL") sizing sneak into the Patagonia line.
- Weekly outdoor columnist for the Jackson Hole News & Guide: 1973 to present
- Wyoming float trip fishing outfitter/guide: 1974 to 2010
- Co-founded the South Fork Skiff, the first fiberglass, low profile drift boat
- Founded, edited the Jackson Hole Daily newspaper in 1978
- Wrote lead story in the 1985 Patagonia Catalog to introduce fishing products
- Chosen as Patagonia’s Fly Fishing Consultant in 1986
- Three-term (12-year) Jackson Town Councilman (The Fishin' Politicin')
- Obtained first passport at Yvon Chouinard's urging for 3-week Tierra del Fuego camping trip for giant searun brown trout – surrendered a clothing size in the process.