Dana Point, CA
Salt Lake City, UT
Forrest believes the turns you have to work for offer a more lasting reward and his splitboard adventures reflect that attitude. Brought up surfing in Southern California and now based in Utah, Forrest is at the forefront of self-powered backcountry freeriding. When he’s not shredding steep white walls for films like Deeper and Further, he works to raise climate change awareness in the snowboard community.
- Working with Protect Our Winters on the Hot Climate/Cool Athletes campaign
- Working on Forrest Shearer's My Wilderness campaign with The Wilderness Society
- Promoting 1% for the Planet environmental grants program (through www.tactics.com/)
- Actively involved with Surfers For Cetaceans Transparent Sea campaign
- Featured in the Academy of Sciences Museum, San Francisco, California