As a kid in Australia’s Northern New South Wales, Dan dreamed of being a pro surfer. That dream landed him on the Men’s Championship Tour in the World Surf League, with a deserved reputation for powerful rail work and committed surfing in challenging conditions. Dan still searches out those conditions, as well as coaching young surfers, speaking out for environmental causes and practicing gratitude for the journey, adventures and friends with whom he keeps company.
- B Corp ambassador
- 1% for the Planet® ambassador
- Coach and mentor for The Saltwater Institute Elite Surf School and Education Program
- Qualified for the 2008 the Men’s Championship Tour in the World Surf League through a fourth placing at O’Neill World Cup of Surfing in Sunset Beach, HI
- Won the Margaret River Pro Masters Prime event, 2009
- World Qualifying Series Champion, 2009