Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
If you live nearby, our stores in Toronto and Vancouver are happy to help with your return. If you don’t live near a store, use the online return process.
To begin, visit our Returns page.
- If you have your order number, we recommend using our C$19 printable return shipping label, which includes tracking and insurance for your package.
- The C$19 shipping label cost will be deducted from your refund or merchandise credit.
- If you don’t have your order number, please use our Return Form and ship your package via Canada Post with tracking and insurance.
Learn more about Returns.
Exchanges are made in two steps: returning and reordering. To exchange an item from your recent order, simply return it for a refund and place a new order with Customer Service. Unfortunately, we cannot offer direct exchanges. Although there is no set time limit, we ask that exchanges be made in a timely manner and that items be kept in new condition with tags attached.
- Return your item using the online return process.
- Contact Customer Service to order the exchange item. Please have your order number handy, if available.
You will be charged for the item ordered through Customer Service when the exchange order is placed and refunded when the original item is received and processed.
Learn more about Exchanges.
If you live near our stores in Toronto or Vancouver, you are welcome to bring your return or exchange into the store. Our stores do not currently accept mail-in returns.
Please bring the invoice/packing slip that came with your order and the original form of payment, if available.
If you purchased from an authorized dealer and can provide a receipt or other proof of purchase, we will refund the amount paid in the form of a Patagonia gift card. Without proof of purchase, you will be issued a gift card for the last known sale price of the item.
There are a few ways to get your item repaired:
- Small holes or tears can be permanently fixed with gear repair tape, which can be found at most outdoor retailers.
- Visit a Patagonia-owned store, where our knowledgeable staff can perform minor fixes on-site, guide you through a self-repair or send your item to our repair facility. Please call stores in advance to verify that they are open and can accept your repair.
- If you don’t live near a store, we encourage you to check out our DIY Repair Tutorials to see if self-repair is an option.
- If all else fails, you can always mail your repair to one of our Canadian store locations.
If you choose to send us your repair for an evaluation, we ask that you cover the shipping cost. The repair work (in most cases) and the return shipping are covered by Patagonia. Please make sure your item is clean before dropping it off at a store or mailing it to us or the item will be returned to you to wash.
Learn more about Repairs.
You will be emailed the tracking number shortly after your order ships. To track your package, follow the link in your tracking email or input your tracking number into the carrier’s website.
If you see errors on the tracking page, have problems with your shipping address or need other assistance with tracking, please contact Customer Service.
Orders are packed and shipped within 2 business days. Orders placed on weekends or holidays are processed on the next business day. Canadian orders ship from the US via UPS International, which takes up to 5 business days to arrive. Transit time is measured in business days, which are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). We get backlogged during sale events and holidays, which could delay your shipment.