Patagonia Girls' Capilene® Heavyweight Zip-Neck
Versatile enough to be worn on its own or as a midlayer, the Capilene® Heavyweight Zip-Neck is made of a polyester/spandex blend that’s warm, wicks moisture and dries quickly for comfort in a range of temperatures; with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Soft polyester/spandex blend stretches and has a jersey face with a grid back; with Polygiene® permanent odor control
- Fabric is soft and cozy next to skin and provides superior warmth and moisture management
- Self-fabric backing on collar with internal neck tape for comfort; locker loop for hang-drying
- Deep, center-front zipper (with zipper garage) vents body heat and is backed by a chin guard for low-bulk comfort next to skin
- Side panels with underarm gussets for range of motion and chafe-free comfort; drop-tail hem for back protection
- Flatlock seams to minimize chafing
- Slim fit for layering under midlayers and outerwear
- 190 g (6.7 oz)
6.4-oz 94% polyester/6% spandex fleece with a smooth face, grid interior and Polygiene® permanent odor control.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Capilene® Polyester Baselayer
Made from moisture-wicking polyester, Capilene® synthetic baselayers wick moisture away from your skin, breathe efficiently and dry fast to provide the foundation for any layering system for any pursuit. Designed for fast-forward, aerobic activities, they’re quick to wick and quick to dry. Capilene polyester is made from recycled polyester (30% recycled content or more) and is also machine washable.
We make four Capilene fabrics for different levels of exertion and temperatures. All Capilene fabrics have achieved bluesign® approval; have an updated and consistent fit in each fabric weight; and use Polygiene® technology to control odor in the garment. They are the best baselayer option for high-sweat activities and wet conditions.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.