For thriving—not just surviving—in the most extreme places on Earth, our Grade VII Down Parka represents years of building, testing and refining among our brain trust of designers and ambassadors, resulting in a belay-and-bivy parka worthy of the most visionary lines on the most intimidating peaks.
We’re Taking Orders Again
Three weeks ago, we closed our retail stores and distribution centers for the health and safety of our employees and customers. After much consultation and a lot of hard work, we’re pleased to announce patagonia.com is back in business.
Thanks for Your Patience
As we adjust to our new safety procedures, order processing may take up to 7 days. $15 Fast Rate shipping is available. Returns and exchanges are being accepted, but please expect delays due to staffing and safety requirements. Learn more
Keeping Things in Perspective
Selling clothing isn’t an essential service. We all know this. More than anything, we are humbled by and extremely grateful for the healthcare professionals, public servants, farmers, grocers, delivery folks and many others who are working their hardest right now. Thank you.
Retail Stores, Repairs and Dealers
We’re excited to get back to work, but our values haven’t changed. As always, we encourage you to buy only what you need, buy local when possible and repair what you already own. Our retail stores and repair services remain closed for now, but we have DIY repair guides available online and Patagonia Dealers in your area.
We appreciate the words of encouragement and support you’ve shared with us. Stay safe, be kind to one another and thanks for stopping by.Shipping and Safety Details
Select Size and Color
- Light yet durable 100% nylon shell fabrics maximize wet-weather protection with a light DWR (durable water repellent) finish throughout, and glued-baffle construction on arms, shoulders and chest
- Fully baffled construction and differentially cut shell and liner keep down lofted and eliminate cold spots; elasticized stitch on liner at side panels pulls jacket into the body
- Alpine helmet–compatible, baffled hood has a single-pull drawcord and high-loft draft collar; two-way center-front Vislon® zipper is backed with kissing draft tubes
- Exterior pockets: two large chest pockets with zipper garages, and two large front pockets with stiffened welts for easy access; all pockets have down insulation on both sides of pocket bag to retain warmth when pockets are open
- Interior pockets: two catch-all pockets on each side of the front torso have stretch mesh for draining snowmelt; right-rear interior pocket has small stash pocket with keeper-loop for retaining self-fabric stuffsack
- Elasticized stitch at the cuff opening sits gently on the wrist, locking in heat and allowing the sleeve to be easily pulled down over gloves, or pushed up
- Hem cord routes through mini snowskirt and is located well above hem to cinch toward body without draft spots; unique construction allows hem-cord adjustability inside parka or inside interior pocket to avoid hanging loops that can snag
Country of OriginMade in China.
Weight675 g (23.8 oz)
- Front shell: 1.2-oz 15-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Side and back shell: 1.2-oz 20-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a DWR finish
- Lining: 0.85-oz 15-denier 100% nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum® with a DWR finish
- Insulation: 800-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked)
This jacket is for anyone who needs max warmth, but it’s built on our men’s fit block. For the best fit, we suggest women buy one size smaller than usual.