Patagonia Kids' Baggies™ Jacket
Breezy, light rain is no match for this kids’ hooded windbreaker, made of a wind- and water-resistant SUPPLEX® 100% recycled nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
- Wind- and water-resistant SUPPLEX® 100% recycled nylon dries quickly and offers 50+ UPF sun protection
- Three-panel hood with side elastic has a stay-put fit
- Internal wind flap has webbing detail and zipper garage at top for chin protection
- Front yoke seam with snapped chest pocket
- Reflective zipper pull at center front; two handwarmer pockets
- Contrast binding at center front and around hem
- Elastic binding at cuffs; hand-me-down ID label
- 235 g (8.3 oz)
4.3-oz 100% recycled nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.