Patagonia Men's Calcite Jacket
Our light yet durable, packable GORE-TEX shell built with Paclite® Plus Technology and 100% recycled face fabric is fully featured to keep you equipped and dry from summer thunderstorms to full winter conditions above tree line.
- Light and packable 2.5-layer waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX Paclite® Plus fabric with a 100% recycled polyester face and a special textured backer for next-to-skin comfort
- Alpine helmet–compatible hood with laminated visor and single-pull adjustment
- Coated, watertight center-front zipper and welted, DWR (durable water repellent)-treated venting pit zips
- Exterior left-chest pocket with coated, watertight zipper and welted handwarmer pockets have DWR (durable water repellent)-treated zips
- Minimal self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures
- Dual-adjust drawcord hem seals out weather
- 411 g (14.5 oz)
2.5-layer, 3.4-oz 75-denier 100% recycled polyester plain-weave GORE-TEX Paclite® Plus shell with a textured backer and a DWR (durable water repellent) finishView The Footprint Chronicles
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.