Patagonia Men's Departer Jacket
Our most simply designed yet highly versatile mountain-to-town jacket, the Departer Jacket has a durable 2-layer GORE-TEX face fabric for waterproof/breathable and windproof protection, a mesh lining to wick moisture and enhance mobility, and all the critical snow features to keep you comfortable and moving freely in any type of weather. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Supple, 2-layer polyester GORE-TEX fabric for durable waterproof/breathable and windproof protection; mesh lining wicks away moisture
- Helmet-compatible, two-way-adjustable fixed hood with internal collar and laminated visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions; cord locks in hood and hem for quick and easy adjustment
- Drawcord on hem exits into handwarmers for easy adjustment
- Water-resistant zippers with slim zip installation reduce bulk and weight; pit zips quickly release heat; low-profile cuffs secure over or under gloves
- Adjustable powder skirt can be cinched for a tight seal or lies flat when not in use. A webbing loop at center back connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants
- Two zippered handwarmers, one interior zippered pocket and one interior drop-in
- Concealed RECCO® reflector; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 646 g (22.8 oz)
Shell: 2-layer, 3.4-oz 75-denier 100% recycled polyester GORE-TEX fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Lining: 3.8-oz 100% polyester warp-knit mesh and 2.2-oz 50-denier 100% polyester plain weave with a DWR finish.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
The construction of 2-Layer GORE-TEX Products is unique. A GORE-TEX membrane is bonded to an outer material, then combined with a free-flowing lining. The benefit: a soft, lightweight garment that keeps you dry and lets you move freely.
The GORE-TEX membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body's perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.
Durable Water Repellent
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.