Patagonia Men's Granite Park Pants - Long
Built for hiking and everyday wear, these abrasion-resistant pants are made of 67% organic cotton/33% polyester with mechanical stretch.
- Made of 67% organic cotton/33% polyester solid weft, T400®comfort stretch canvas with a DWR (durable water repellent) and antibacterial finish
- Two handwarmer pockets, two cargo pockets with hidden snap closures, and two welted back pockets—one with security zipper
- Gusseted crotch for a full range of motion
- Curved waistband follows the natural shape of the hips, provides a contoured fit and helps keep pants in place during movement
- Available in three inseam lengths: 30", 32" and 34"
- 595 g (21 oz)
7.9-oz 67% organic cotton/33% polyester T400®stretch canvas with a DWR (durable water repellent) and antibacterial finishView The Footprint Chronicles
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.