Patagonia Men's Lightweight All-Wear Hemp Shorts - 10"
Plain-front shorts made of lightweight organic cotton/hemp fabric for cool-wearing comfort in hot weather. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Made of a light 76% organic cotton/24% hemp fabric that’s soft and airy
- Zip fly with a button closure and double-needle belt loops for durability
- Two slanted side-entry front pockets and two welted, drop-in rear pockets
- Available in 6", 8" and 10" inseams
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn, which means the people who made them earned a premium for their labor
- 241 g (8.5 oz)
4.5-oz 76% organic cotton/24% hemp plain weave with an anti-pilling finish.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
Hemp is an alternative natural fiber that’s cultivated with low impact on the environment. It requires no irrigation or synthetic fertilizers, and is harvested and processed by hand. It’s one of the most durable natural fibers on the planet, and results in a fabric with a wonderful drape, comparable to linen.
Unfortunately, industrial hemp is illegal to grow in most parts of the world because government agencies continue to associate it with marijuana. We currently import our high-quality hemp from China, and continue to hope that it might someday grow freely again.
Patagonia makes garments with hemp alone or blended with other fibers like recycled polyester, organic cotton and spandex.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.