Patagonia Men's Performance Gi IV Pants
Multifunctional trail-to-town hiking pants made from a durable organic cotton/polyester blend with comfort stretch. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Made from a durable 78% organic cotton/22% T400® polyester comfort stretch twill; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Best for lean-to-medium builds wanting a sleeker look that doesn’t compromise movement, these slim-fit pants are cut to sit on the waist with a regular rise
- Button-front elasticized waistband has a separating buckle, an adjustable belt and zippered fly
- Slanted side-entry front handwarmer pockets, right-side zippered pocket and two rear welted pockets with button closures
- Gusseted crotch allows full range of motion
- Drawcord-adjustable hem
- Inseam is 32”
- 490 g (17.3 oz)
6.1-oz 78% organic cotton/22% T400® polyester comfort stretch twill.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.