Patagonia Men's Quandary Shorts - 12"
Versatile trail-to-town hiking shorts made of comfortable stretch nylon (65% recycled) and spandex.
- Made of a lightweight, stretch-woven 95% nylon (65% recycled)/5% spandex with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Classic performance fit that’s not too loose or too tight, with room to move comfortably in any work or play activity
- Curved waistband follows the natural shape of the hips and provides a contoured fit to help keep shorts in place during movement; metal button closure with zip fly
- Handwarmer pockets, right coin pocket and two rear pockets; right-thigh pocket with zipper closure
- Gusseted crotch allows full range of motion
- Available in three inseam lengths: 8", 10" and 12"
- 213 g (7.5 oz)
4.2-oz 95% nylon (65% recycled)/5% spandex with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.