Patagonia Men's Steel Forge Denim Jacket
For maximum durability, we make our work denim from a 12.5-oz 92% organic cotton/8% Dyneema® blend. Dyneema® is an industrial-grade, lightweight fiber used in tow ropes and crane slings. The organic cotton is grown in the USA and dyed with bio-based dye derived from natural indigo.
- Made from a burly 12.5-oz 92% organic cotton/8% Dyneema® blend; fabric is made by Cone Denim with cotton grown in the USA; jacket is cut and sewn in the USA
- Derived from natural indigo grown in the USA
- Heavy-duty buttons are easy to operate with work gloves or cold hands
- For excellent freedom of movement through the upper body
- Drop-in left chest pocket; right chest pocket with button closure; two large lower-front cargo pockets; two handwarmer pockets hidden behind lower-front pockets
- Customizable fit and easy to roll up past the elbows
- For a customizable fit with or without layers
- 1,021 g (36 oz)
12.5-oz 92% organic cotton/8% Dyneema®, dyed with a bio-based dye derived from natural indigo
To accommodate a wide range of movement and layering, our Workwear styles have a generous cut. The pants fit true to waist size but are roomy through the legs. The jackets are bigger than most of our styles—especially around the shoulders and back. Folks who have a leaner build or don't wear multiple layers might want to order one size smaller than usual.
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.