Patagonia Men's Stretch Terre Planing Hoody
Made from fast-drying 100% recycled polyester, the Stretch Terre Planing Hoody is a superlight, full-zip hoody with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection; designed to protect you from the elements both in and out of the water.
- Made of quick-drying and superlight 100% recycled polyester with two-way mechanical stretch, 50+ UPF sun protection and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Full-zip hooded jacket has noncorroding, recyclable plastic zipper with added zipper pull for ease of use
- Self-draining, mesh-lined front slash pockets with noncorroding, recyclable plastic zippers and added zipper pulls for ease of use
- Fixed three-panel hood with adjustable drawcords and a snap tab for easy stowing
- Durable elastic cuffs have thumb loops to keep sleeves in place; single-pull adjustable drawcord hem
- Hidden entry detail at bottom of lower-left yoke for kite harness compatibility; kite harness can be hooked in from underneath or over the jacket
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 252 g (8.9 oz)
2.8-oz 100% recycled polyester with two-way mechanical stretch, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protectionView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.