Patagonia Men's Strider Pro Running Shorts - 5"
Our most technical running shorts. Fast drying, light and built for long missions when utility is critical.
- Smooth, ultralight, ultrafast-drying 100% recycled polyester stretch ripstop with 89% recycled polyester/11% spandex pockets for fast-drying stretch performance
- Body fabric treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- External drawcord for adjustability and comfort
- Four envelope pockets with stretch for easy stashing, and one secure zip pocket on center back. Pocket fabric is durable and quick-drying for all conditions
- Lightweight, built-in 100% polyester (42% recycled) crepe liner brief wicks, dries quickly and provides chafe-free comfort, with Polygiene® permanent odor control
- Light and minimal elastic waistband provides superior moisture management and reduced bulk, while still providing the strength and recovery you need
- Reflective logo on front-left hem; locker loop for hang drying
- 105 g (3.7 oz)
Body: 1.9-oz 100% recycled polyester stretch ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Pockets: 3-oz 89% recycled polyester/11% spandex woven with a DWR finish.
Liner: 2.7-oz 100% polyester (42% recycled) crepe with Polygiene® permanent odor control.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.