Patagonia R3® Yulex® Insertable Hood
The easiest way to add a hood to your full suit in colder conditions, the R3® Yulex® Insertable Hood fits seamlessly under your wetsuit collar to prevent water entry. Suggested water temperatures: 48°–55° F/9°–13° C. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Made with neoprene-free 85% Yulex® natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber (by polymer content) that meets our rigorous standards for performance, durability, warmth and sustainability; the natural rubber is derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance; the synthetic rubber is chlorine-free. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 95% polyester (51% recycled)/5% spandex inverted microgrid thermal lining is warm, flexible and fast-drying
- three-panel construction conforms to head for a comfortable fit
- 1.5mm neck bib tucks into wetsuit to prevent water entry
- Adjustable cord provides snug fit around face
- Supratex brim shields face from sun
- Seams are internally taped to prevent leakage
- 181 g (6.4 oz)
Main: 3mm 85% Yulex® natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content, lined with 95% polyester (51% recycled)/5% spandex inverted microgrid.
Exterior face: 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex.
Natural rubber is from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin. Download Patagonia Wetsuit Warranty Form
Our renewable Yulex natural rubber is tapped from hevea trees that can produce rubber for over 30 years; it replaces conventional, nonrenewable neoprene. The raw natural rubber comes form sources that are Forest Stewardship Council certified by the Rainforest Alliance - meaning the trees aren't grown on newly clear-cut rainforest land, like some of the world's supply. By replacing neoprene with natural rubber, we're reducing CO2 emissions by up to ~80% in the manufacturing process.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.