Patagonia Women's Barely Hipster
Made of 89% nylon (66% recycled)/11% spandex with a moisture-wicking finish, these seamless hipster underwear dry quickly and stay put. HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Soft, featherweight 89% nylon (66% recycled)/11% spandex fabric wicks and breathes, with HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Pairs with our Barely Everyday Bra and Barely Bra
- Narrow, seamless waistband lies flat, won’t roll or bind
- Floral jacquard pattern is engineered into the fabric
- Soft, merrow-stitch finish at the leg openings
- Crotch construction is fast-wicking and dries quickly
- 20 g (0.7 oz)
4-oz 89% nylon (66% recycled)/11% spandex with miDori™ bioSoft for added wicking and softness, and HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.