Patagonia Women's Capilene® Air Bottoms
With its innovative, seamless, 3-D knit structure, our Capilene® Air Bottoms offer amazing warmth and comfort range. An airy blend of 51% merino wool and 49% recycled polyester wicks moisture, resists odor and dries in a flash.
- Fine merino wool from New Zealand blended with Capilene® recycled polyester for enhanced warmth balanced with improved wicking, durability and dry time
- 18.5-micron-gauge yarn; lofted wool innovation
- Fabric is soft against skin and stretches to move with the body
- Seamless 3-D construction eliminates chafe points through the entire garment and has almost no wasted material
- Elastic is seamlessly knit into a wide waistband for next-to-skin softness
- 130 g (4.6 oz)
5.6-oz (190-g) 51% merino wool/49% recycled polyester seamless zigzag knit comprised of 18.5-micron-gauge lofted woolView The Footprint Chronicles
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.