Patagonia Women's Maple Grove Jacket
Tough 67% organic cotton/33% polyester canvas lined with soft high-pile fleece make the Maple Grove an excellent transitional-weather field jacket.
- Durable organic cotton/polyester canvas gives the timeless aesthetic inspired by traditional field coats
- Body and collar lined with soft, high-pile, silky fleece; sleeves insulated with 60-g THERMOLITE® ECO92 100% polyester (92% recycled) for additional warmth
- Wide, center-front placket with exposed metal snaps and metal zipper
- Bellowed patch pockets with top and side entry; top pocket with rounded flap secures with two metal snaps
- Snapped cuff
- Cropped, boxy silhouette and regular fit for easy layering
- High-hip length
- 992 g (35 oz)
Shell: 7.9-oz 67% organic cotton/33% polyester solid stretch canvas with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Collar and body lining: 11.8-oz 100% polyester (35% recycled) long-hair pile fleece.
Sleeve lining: 2.4-oz 100% recycled polyester plain weave with a DWR finish.
Sleeve insulation: 60-g THERMOLITE® ECO92 100% polyester (92% recycled)
Durable Water Repellent
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.