Patagonia Women's Untracked Jacket
The Untracked Jacket has a soft, supple 3-layer 100% nylon GORE-TEX® fabric for unsurpassed windproof and waterproof/breathable performance, a fully-dialed yet refined silhouette and a brushed tricot backer for extra warmth.
- Tough yet supple 3-layer nylon waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX® fabric with a brushed tricot backer for extra warmth
- Helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable fixed hood with laminated visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions; Cohaesive® embedded cord-lock system in hood and hem offers quick and easy adjustment
- Watertight, coated zippers with slim zip installation reduce bulk and weight; Vislon® center-front and chest pocket zips are durable and easy to use
- Pit zips quickly release heat; adjustable low-profile cuffs secure over or under gloves
- Adjustable powder skirt can be cinched for a tight seal or lies flat when not in use. A webbing loop at center back connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants
- Zippered pockets: two handwarmers; one chest with secure media pocket with cable routing; one internal stash (plus one internal drop-in); one pass pocket on left forearm
- Concealed RECCO® reflector
- 746 g (26.3 oz)
Shell: 3-layer, 5.13-oz 70-denier 100% nylon plain-weave GORE-TEX® fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Brushed backer: 3.2-oz 75-denier 100% polyester.
Lining (lower body) and powder skirt: 2.2-oz 50-denier 100% polyester taffetaView The Footprint Chronicles
The construction of 3-Layer GORE-TEX® Products is unique. A 3-layer GORE-TEX® membrane is sandwiched between a soft outer material and a knit polyester backing material that increases durability. These garments keep you comfortable and protected from the elements without adding extra bulk or weight.
The GORE-TEX® membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body's perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.