Patagonia Women's Untracked Pants
The Untracked Pants have a soft, supple 3-layer 100% nylon GORE-TEX® fabric for unsurpassed windproof and waterproof/breathable performance, a fully-dialed yet refined silhouette and a brushed tricot backer for extra warmth.
- Durable yet supple 3-layer nylon waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX® fabric with a brushed tricot backer for extra warmth
- Waist details: soft self-fabric lining repels moisture; adjustable elastic tabs customize fit; grown-on belt loops; two-snap closure and zip fly; webbing loop on rear yoke attaches pants to the powder skirt on any Patagonia® Snow jacket
- Watertight, coated zippers with slim zip installation reduce bulk and weight; watertight Vislon® zippered side vents are durable and easy to use
- Articulated patterning for mobility; mesh-lined thigh vents quickly release heat and keep out snow
- Gaiters seal out snow; tough scuff guards protect inside of leg and bottom hem. The lining between the gaiter and hem helps repel snow
- Zippered pockets: two handwarmers, two thigh cargo, one back pocket
- Concealed RECCO® reflector
- 581 g (20.5 oz)
Shell: 3-layer, 5.13-oz 70-denier 100% nylon plain-weave GORE-TEX® fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Brushed backer: 3.2-oz 75-denier 100% polyester.
Lining at lower interior cuffs: 3.2-oz 100% polyester (52% recycled) taffeta with a DWR finishView The Footprint Chronicles
The construction of 3-Layer GORE-TEX® Products is unique. A 3-layer GORE-TEX® membrane is sandwiched between a soft outer material and a knit polyester backing material that increases durability. These garments keep you comfortable and protected from the elements without adding extra bulk or weight.
The GORE-TEX® membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body's perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.